Sometimes I wonder about myself. I just feel terrible, my 6 month old Tinleigh has had a rash around her mouth. I kept saying it's from the dry air and all the drooling that she is doing. So I try to keep up with all her drool and keep it as dry as possible. With is nearly impossible. Her being fussy I just wrote that off as teething.
Oh but it gets better. She has been acting like she hasn't been getting enough to eat so I tried supplementing formula and low and behold she has an allergic reaction to the formula. I try Enfamil and Similac. I call the Dr, she says try a Soy based formula. So I do, she loves it. After she drinks it, it appears like she isn't going to have a reaction. But the next morning I go in her room and her face is as red as a strawberry. Call the Dr back, she says she has a milk allergy give her a hypoallergenic formula and that should take care of it.
So after a week she isn't really improving and eczema is getting worse. So yesterday I am researching on the internet and what slaps me in the face. THE PROBLEM!!! I have been eating Strawberry Peanut Butter M&Ms. Oh they are a little piece of heaven, they make my mouth water.
As of this morning I have been giving her formula and her face is improving already. So come to find out she most likely has a peanut allergy and a milk allergy. I don't drink milk myself but I do eat things with milk product in them. I might just make the switch to formula and then I know for now that she isn't going to come into contact with any allergens until she is old enough to eat table food.
So needless to say I have been hurting her for the past two weeks while I have been enjoying my M&Ms. I sure hope she will outgrow her milk allergy, there are so many foods with milk in them. Who knew Spaghetti sauce had milk in it? Looks like I will be making most everything from scratch if she can't tolerate it.